Medical grade IPL technology to get radiant skin by clearing unwanted pigment and broken capillaries.
Remove skin imperfections and get back to the clear, youthful skin you desire quickly, easily and with no downtime. It’s possible with an concentrated light photorejuvenation treatment.
An advanced treatment that helps clear undesirable pigment and vessels from your skin, revealing clearer skin. Photo rejuvenation is the non-surgical approach to skin renewal that can transform your skin and it lets you return to your normal activities right away.
The photorejuvenation process uses pulses of concentrated light to treat:
- Sun Damage – Wide areas of pigmentation on face, neck, chest, and other areas
- Sunspots – Pigmented lesions, also known as age spots
- Rosacea – General inflammation of the cheeks and face
- Spider Veins/Broken Capillaries – Individual vessels, which can be red, blue, or purple in colour.
How it works:
IPL emits a light energy that breaks up the pigments in skin cells, causing little or no discomfort. Treating skin imperfections, IPL activates natural collagen and elastin production in the active skin cells (fibroblasts), improving the skin’s overall texture and complexion. Skin rejuvenation treatments overall improve the skin’s colour and texture.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Photorejuvenation?
- It is a cosmetic treatment that uses gentle pulses of intense, optimised light to treat undesirable pigment and pigmentation which can occur as a result of ageing and lifestyle choices.
- How long does it take?
- The photorejuvenation procedure can be performed in as little as 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- Does it hurt?
- Most people feel little to no discomfort during the procedure.
- How quickly will I recover?
- There is no downtime, so you can resume regular daily activities right away and start to see some improvement immediately.
- How will I benefit from having photorejuvenation treatment, and when will I see the improvement?
- In addition to improving uneven skin color, sun damage, facial redness (Rosacea), and pigmentation, the heat energy stimulates new collagen production beneath the skin surface which remodels the collagen, firms the skin and shrinks the pores. After a series of photorejuvenation treatments at intervals spaced 4 weeks apart; a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles can also be seen. The skin appears more luminous, brighter and smoother. Improvements can be seen 10 days following the first treatment and enhanced results can be seen with each subsequent treatment.
- How will my skin look immediately following a photorejuvenation treatment?
- Initially the skin will feel warm similar to a mild sunburn sensation and the treated area will remain pink for 2 or 3 hours. Some mild swelling may occur; this is transient and will subside 2 days following the treatment. If treating pigmented conditions, the pigment will become darker and will remain dark for 3 – 4 days. Four days following treatment, the darkened pigment will gradually shed from the skin, and new pigment-free skin will emerge. Spider veins and broken capillaries clear almost immediately following the treatment and continue to improve.
- Do I have to stay out of the sun?
- It is important to protect your skin from direct sun exposure over the series of your treatments and it is highly recommended to use a spf30+ sunblock. Solariums and sun bathing are to be avoided.
- Photorejuvenation treatments can be carried out all year round as long as you are not planning to be in full sun exposure immediately following a treatment.
- How often should I have photorejuvenation, and what can I do to maintain the result?
- Ideal results are obtained by undergoing a series of treatments. This may be between 2 -6 treatments, depending upon the condition to be treated. After the initial series of photorejuvenation treatments most of the improvements are permanent however in order to maintain the results some future maintenance may be required and this varies from person to person.
- Skincare that compliments the photorejuvenation treatment should be added into your daily regime. It is highly recommended to commence the use of Skincare that has high levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Hylauronic Acid and other potent Anit-oxidants, 3 weeks prior to your first photorejuvenation treatment. This should be maintained throughout the entire course of the treatment series and can be continued long term. The use of a zinc based spf30+ sunblock is also highly recommended for long term use.
- Other ‘non-invasive’ procedures like Chemical Peels, microdermabrasions, cosmetic injections can be used in combination with photorejuvenation for superior results.
- Are there any possible side effects?
- Photorejuvenation is generally a very safe ‘no downtime’ procedure. There are some very mild side effects that can occur and these are generally associated with darker skin types and excessive sun exposure.
Before and after IPL Skin Rejuvenation
Duration: from 30 Min
Price: from £65.00