Medical grade IPL technology for permanent hair reduction. For men & women. Safer than laser.
IPL hair removal is a safe, gentle, virtually painless, non-invasive, long lasting solution to remove unwanted hair from face and body.
Unwanted hair is a problem for many people both male and female. Traditional methods of hair removal such as shaving waxing and electrolysis involve ongoing, inconvenient and often painful treatment. Intense Pulse light (IPL) hair removal is now established as the most effective and efficient treatment available.
At Junerain we have most powerful, highest quality, medical grade IPL system available in the world.
Junerain also offer a wide range of IPL treatments:
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Acne Treatment
- Broken Capillaries
- Age Spots
- Sun Damage
How it works:
IPL is a high energy, controlled pulse light that picks up the pigment in the hair and delivers enough heat through the hair shaft to destroy the hair follicle, halting hair growth without damaging the surrounding tissue. A course of treatment is required for best long term results as we can only treat hairs in the growing stage i.e. that are visible on the skin surface. New phases of dormant hair will subsequently grow and can be treated with additional treatments. With each treatment the treated hair will fall after 5-10 days and you will be hair free until the next phase appears (approx 4-6 weeks later). There are three phases of hair growth. With each treatment hair regrowth will be finer and lighter until you reach an end point of a desired result with little or no hair regrowth leaving your skin smooth and hair free.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the difference between IPL and Laser hair removal?
- The absorption of light by hair and skin is dependent on the wavelength (colour) of the light. IPL uses a much broader spectrum of light than laser. Consequently, IPL is suitable for a wider range of hair colours and skin types than laser. The broad spectrum of IPL light also results in the light penetrating skin across a wider range of depths resulting in a greater number of hair follicles being treated.
- IPL treats a much larger area of skin per light pulse than lasers which makes the treatment much faster and more cost effective.
- How many treatments are required?
- The number of treatments required for long-term benefits, depend on three factors; the area being treated, your hair density, and the hair’s growth cycle. Every hair follows three phases of hair growth: Anagen (active), Catagen (regression) and Telogen (resting).
- IPL Laser technology is designed to treat hair in the Anagen phase of growth. Additional factors, including age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, medication and metabolism, influence hair growth and play a role in the location, thickness and resilience of your hair. Although each client is unique, an average of 6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart, is necessary for more permanent results.
- What does the treatment involve?
- At your initial consultation your goals, skin type and hair quality will determine your suitability for IPL hair removal, and the optimum treatment programme for you to achieve the best results. A “test patch” will usually be performed.
- Eye protection is worn by the patient and the operator. The operator slowly moves a hand-piece over the treatment area as pulses of light energy are delivered. Most people experience minimal discomfort, feeling a slight burning and tingling sensation. Cooling packs are applied immediately following treatment to minimise discomfort.
- Some parts of the body are more sensitive than others and the skin may swell or redden slightly. Aloe Vera Gel will be supplied to soothe discomfort after treatment.
- Do I need to wear anything special?
- For most treatments you do not need to wear any special clothing. However, if you are having hair removed from the bikini line or armpit, it would be preferable for you to wear white underwear, as coloured underwear can be affected by the IPL treatment.
- Is there anything special I need to do following treatment?
- Aloe Vera Gel should be applied regularly in the first few days following treatment to soothe the area. Sun exposure or sun beds should be avoided for at least four weeks before and after treatment. A sun cream of at least SPF30 should be applied to exposed treated areas every day for at least four weeks after the treatment, regardless of the weather.
- Are there any long-term side effects?
Duration: from 15 Min
Price: Price on consultation