The SkinBase microdermabrasion Facial™ is a safe, controlled treatment that intensely exfoliates and resurfaces the skin. It’s the leading skincare treatment for complete skin rejuvenation, available at Junerain. A fine jet of abrasive crystals gently removes dead skin cells layer by layer and a vacuum action lifts away the debris, stimulating the blood flow and encouraging collagen and elastin formation that results in firmer, revitalised and youthful looking skin. Wrinkles disappear, acne scarring is reduced and dull and tired skin is completely banished – sometimes after just one treatment.
Effects are usually seen after the first treatment, with ongoing improvements seen week after week during a course. Your SkinBase therapist will perform an initial consultation and recommend a course length to you. Usually, this will consist of 6 to 8 treatments, 7 to 10 days apart. Skin problems such as acne or acne scarring, or deeper forehead wrinkles may require up to 20 weeks to achieve full improvements. After a course is completed, a single monthly treatment will maintain your skin’s improvements.
What can it treat?
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Fine Lines & Forehead Wrinkles
- Ageing Skin – An Anti Ageing Treatment
- Dull & Tired Skin
- Uneven Skin Tone, Brown Spots & Blotchy Skin
- Stretch Mark Removal
- Pigmentation and Skin Blemishes
How does it work?
- Step 1: Client Consultation
- The SkinBase Therapist will determine your individual needs and devise a treatment plan to achieve the results that you require. Treatments plans can vary from single ‘beauty boost’ treatments to courses of 6 to 20 treatments every 7 to 10 days.
- Step 2: Cleanse
- A gel cleanser will be used to ensure that your skin is clean and dry before the treatment commences. For male clients, ideally your face should be clean shaved the night before a treatment (this is not essential). Dry, shaven and clean skin means that the abrasive compound can penetrate the skin unobstructed.
- Step 3: Treat and Target
- A wand delivering a fine jet of abrasive crystals will be passed over the skin. Dead skin particles will be abraded away and a vacuum action will remove the debris. This dual action will both resurface the skin and stimulate the blood flow, encouraging the skin to rejuvenate itself and produce collagen and elastin. After passing across the skin area once, the therapist will then target problem areas like open pores, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes and acne scarring.
- Step 4: Moisturise with SPF
- After the treatment a simple moisturiser with a neutral pH (pH 4.5 – pH 7) and without any essential oils, AHA’s, glycolics or retinol should be applied to replenish lost moisture and to prevent the skin becoming dry and peeling.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is microdermabrasion safe for all skin types?
- Yes, microdermabrasion can be used for all skin types on all areas of the body and face.
- How quickly can I expect to see results?
- You will see results immediately and with each subsequent treatment your skin will continue to look progressively better.
- How many treatments should I have?
- We recommend a course of 8, however your SkinBase therapist will talk this through with you following your initial consultation. People with acne or acne scarring might need more treatments and we recommend a monthly maintenance treatment after each course has finished to help maintain the results achieved.
- How often should I have the SkinBase Facial™?
- Treatments are usually performed every 7 to 10 days but your SkinBase therapist will confirm this with you.
- Are there any side effects to the treatment?
- After the treatment, the skin may feel tight with mild redness. Therefore it is important that you use a good moisturiser. These effects normally subside within 36 hours of treatment.
- I have suffered from reactions to other facials, will this be the same with The SkinBase Facial™?
- Crystal microdermabrasion uses a sterile compound with zero risk of allergic reaction. Your SkinBase therapist will provide a patch test on the back of your forearm for added reassurance.
- Is The SkinBase Facial™ only suitable for use on the face?
- No, The SkinBase Facial™ is fantastic on pigmentation, lines and stretch marks anywhere on the body.
Duration: 30 Min